"If you confess with
your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God
raised him from the dead, then you will be saved."
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible. We believe the bible to be Godís infallible written word, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, as our supreme authority.
This statement of faith is wholeheartedly upheld by all who would be seeking to actively minister within Christian Surfers UK. It provides a sound biblical foundation from which we minister, as well as protecting us from unsound doctrine. Our unity must have truth as its basis, not just surfing!
These are the basic Bible teachings to which we agree:
- God: There is only one true God, eternally existing in three persons -The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of the deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus: Jesus Christ is God, the incarnate Son of God born of a virgin, the living Word, who became man. He is perfectly God and true humanity united in one person. He lived a sinless life and in perfect obedience paid for the sins of mankind by dying on a cross as their substitute with His bodily resurrection following. He is both just and justifier, to all who trust in Him alone.
- Man: Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God and earned death (separation from God). All mankindís nature is corrupt and it is impossible for man to make himself stand acceptable in Godís sight. every person is in need of regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation: The salvation of mankind is wholly a work of Godís grace and is not the work, to any degree, of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put faith in Christ alone for their salvation and declares them right in His sight. Each person must be born again of the Holy Spirit and can be assured of their salvation immediately upon trusting Christ as saviour. The Word and the Spirit of God alone are the basis of this assurance.
- The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit has come into the World to reveal and glorify Christ, and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer's life by faith by the power of the indwelling Spirit.
- The Church: Jesus Christ is the head of the Church, by His body, which is composed of all men who have been joined to him by faith. God admonishes all His people to assemble together locally for regular worship, participation in ordinances, the ministry of the Word and personal encouragement.
- Second Coming: Jesus Christ will come again to the Earth, personally visibly and bodily -to complete and fulfil God's plan, judging all men, executing God's just condemnation on the impenitent and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory.
- Our Commission: Jesus Christ commanded all believers to be involved in the preaching of the Gospel, and in the discipling of all the World. His purposes require that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinate to Him. This is true discipleship.